USING THIS WEBSITE
We encourage you to use this website. By using the site you agree that these terms are legally binding.
You may use this website:
- For your own personal, non-commercial use;
- For educational purposes;
- In a school or youth organisation.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
1. We have tried to make sure that the contents of our site are accurate and virus-free. It is your responsibility to check the information is up to date, accurate and complete and that you do not transmit any viruses.
2. We are not responsible if you suffer any injury, loss or damage because you used this website or any of the material on it.
1. The names, images and logos identifying us and our products and services are subject to our copyright. Nothing on our website or in these terms gives you any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright belonging to us or any third party.
2. Unless otherwise indicated, we own the copyright of all materials on our site, so you must acknowledge us when you use material from it. You must get our written permission before you use any of the content to make money.
3. We cannot give consent to use material on any other site, including those sites linked to this one.
1. If these terms are different to any other specific terms that appear on our website then the specific terms will apply.
2. If any of these terms are illegal or invalid, we can still enforce the rest of the terms.
Chance to be Chancellor
- Chance to be Chancellor is based on the real world and real decisions that the Government has had to make but it has been simplified to ensure it is an enjoyable and informative learning tool. Any actual amounts referred may be simplifications and should not be quoted outside this tool. For more information on the Budget 2013 please see visit the HM Treasury website.
- A box can be found on the registration section of Chance to be Chancellor section of the Paying for It website, stating ‘I agree to the terms and conditions of entry to the competition.’ By ticking that box, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern the Citizenship Foundation’s relationship with you in relation to the competition.
- The term ‘Citizenship Foundation’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the organiser of the competition whose registered office is 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT and whose charity registration number is 801360 and our company registration number is 2351363, registered office as above. The term ‘you’, ‘school’, ‘participant’ or ‘teacher’ refers to the users of the competition.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person;
- The competition is open to UK residents only;
- The competition is only open to people who are aged between 14 and 18 years old on or between 28th November 2012 and 15th February 2013;
- If you are under 16 years old, you must have permission from your parent/guardian before entering;
- The competition will close on Friday 15th February 2013. All entries must be received by the closing date. The Citizenship Foundation does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries sent through the website;
- Entries must be submitted through the Paying for It website (www.chancetobechancellor.org.uk);
- Entrants must supply full details as required by the registration form, and comply with all rules to be eligible to win;
- No responsibility is accepted for illegible entries or entries made fraudulently;
- There will be one overall winner and with shortlisted runners up. All entries will be viewed by staff at the Citizenship Foundation and shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel chaired by the Citizenship Foundation.
- The judging panel’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered in these terms & conditions and no correspondence will be entered into;
- Shortlisted entries will be launched on the Paying for It website and subject to a popular online vote in February 2013 – the video that receives the most votes wins Chance to be Chancellor 2013.
- Only people aged 18 and under are eligible to vote in the competition and only vote per registered user will be counted.
- The winner and runners up will be contacted by the Citizenship Foundation via email. Therefore it is very important that entrants enter the correct email address on their registration. Only the winner and runners up will be contacted personally;
- The winner and runners up will be announced on, or near to, Budget Day;
- The Citizenship Foundation will request photograph permission and parental consent (for under-16s) from the winner and runners up for publicity relating to the competition or the Paying for It programme;
- The winner will win an iPad. The runners up will win Amazon vouchers;
- Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives;
- Prizes will be presented at the Youth Budget event which will be held in March 2013 in London. The winner and runners up will be invited to this event when they are informed that they have won. Due to restrictions on space at the venue, only the winner and runners up, and a restricted number of guests, will be invited to this event;
- The Citizenship Foundation reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control;
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition;
- This competition is promoted by the Citizenship Foundation – registered charity no 801360 – based at 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, www.citizenshipfoundation.org.uk;
- We will not use or pass on your personal details to any other organisation without your permission, except for the purposes of running the competition which you have entered.
POSTING TO THIS WEBSITE
Contributions to our website
1. Copyright in all postings to our website forums rests with the authors. However, by posting to our website forums you agree that your posting may be used by others for non-profit, educational purposes. Also, the Citizenship Foundation reserves the right to use the posting for its own purposes.
2. If you submit material to our website (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree that we can use your material:
a) in any way we want worldwide;
b) on this website and in other media developed in the future.
3. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your contribution to our website.
4. If you submit material to our website, you confirm that your contribution:
a) is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to us;
b) is not defamatory; and
c) does not break any law.
5. You also indemnify us against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that we incur if you breach the above confirmation.
Rules for posting information
1. You agree that any contributions you make to our website (including all forums) will be in line with the following rules.
2. You understand that if you break these rules, we may moderate or remove your contribution and take other action.
3. About your posts:
a) Contributions must be polite.
b) You must not use offensive or abusive language.
c) Your contribution must be lawful and not cause offence to anyone.
d) If you use disrupt the site or annoy other users, we may take action against you.
e) Be patient: people of all ages and abilities may be taking part.
f) No spamming or off-topic material:
i) Don’t submit the same or very similar contributions many times,
ii) Don’t submit your contribution to more than one discussion,
iii) Don’t contribute material on topics that are not relevant to the subject being discussed.
g) Don’t advertise.
h) We may remove contributions that are not in English.
i) You must not pretend to be someone else.
j) You must not use a rude or offensive name.
k) You must not refer to specific website addresses unless the forum host has given you permission to. If you want to quote a worthwhile website relevant to the discussion topic, ask the host first.
a) You must never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: phone number, home address or email address).
b) Do not include any postal addresses of any kind.
c) If you have a helpful address to share, tell the host and we will promote it if we see fit.
5. The law
a) You may not submit any illegal material on our website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
b) You must not contribute material to commit or promote an illegal act.
c) When you submit your contribution you must not infringe any of the rights of third parties.
d) Please remember that the views expressed in interactive areas are those of contributors and are not necessarily our views.
6. If you’re under 16
a) Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before you take part in any discussion on our site.
b) Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, phone number, home address or email address)
a) If you don’t keep to these rules we may remove or modify your contribution. If you continue to break the rules, we may stop you taking part in any or all of our interactive pages.
b) If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on the website we may tell your employer, school or email provider about your behaviour.
1. Any information you provide us with is kept in confidence.
2. We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information with any other parties without your permission.
3. We do not use your information for purposes other than those expressly requested by you.
The forum system on our website uses ‘cookies’ (a type of small file) to store information on your computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information that you submit during or after registration to the forums. They are used only to enhance your use of the forums and will be used in no other way.
2. Google Analytics
a) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
b) Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Updated: 12 September 2012.
Our site may from time to time contain links to various sites, RSS feeds, and other resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may be suffered by you in connection with your use of them.
Neither the Citizenship Foundation, nor its representatives, agents or employees nor any connected company or party to the Citizenship Foundation shall be liable to a user of this site, service and information. Neither shall any of the aforementioned be responsible to any third party for any loss or injury arising out of the information nor any actions taken or not taken in response to any information nor a user’s use of this service nor if for any reason connectivity is not possible.
In the event that the internet connection is broken for any reason the Citizenship Foundation will take all necessary steps to re-establish a service, however the Citizenship Foundation cannot be held responsible for any losses or data corruption arising from a lack of service either directly or indirectly to a client or through a client to a third party. Any person or company using this site does so entirely at their own risk and should take all possible precautions to ensure that virus checking software is in place. If the user of the site inadvertently downloads any virus in the course of using the Citizenship Foundation website, the Citizenship Foundation cannot be held responsible for any damage this inflicts.
Any opinions from either personnel or contributors are purely opinions of individuals and do not represent any opinion of the Citizenship Foundation as a company nor intend to offer advice of any nature that could be acted on by individuals.
No warranty, expressed or implied is given that the information compiled on this site is complete or accurate.